A world of wellness, from traditional therapies to lesser-known alternatives, can be found at LeMarchand Wellness Centre.
Located within the beautiful LeMarchand Mansion – surely one of Edmonton’s great classic addresses – the LeMarchand Wellness Centre is home to nine practices, from massage therapy and all its variations, to rolfing and cell therapy.
LeMarchand Wellness Centre boasts several registered massage therapists with wide- ranging areas of expertise:
* Erin Perrault of Knotts Therapeutic Massage has a great wealth of knowledge on relieving the aches and pains of sports-related injuries and is one of the original creators of the clinic.
|Cynthia Ganga of Learning to Trust Touch applies her healing touch to a client at LeMarchand Wellness Centre.|
* Anja Muehl specializes in therapeutic and relaxation massage and Myofascial Release.
* Odette Youzwishen also does Bowen Therapy and cranial sacral therapy.
* Cynthia Ganga of Learning to Trust Touch excels in massage therapy, personal training and life coaching, and provides to HIV-positive patients and survivors of domestic violence the benefits of therapeutic massage. Her practice includes pregnancy massage and reflexology.
* Graem Monilaws is also a registered massage therapist and certified Rolfer. He is a trusted former colleague of Tim McCarty, one of the creators of the Wellness Centre and one of the original Rolfers in Edmonton.
Rolfing is a holistic system of soft-tissue manipulation and movement education; a system called Structural Integration, but commonly known as Rolfing, after its creator Dr. Ida P. Rolf. She discovered she could achieve remarkable changes in posture and structure by manipulating the body’s myofascial system, the covering of the muscle.
* Richard Ferguson operates The Missing Piece Body Therapies, which deals with a broad range of therapy modalities, from massage to core synchronism to reflexology. He specializes in the treatment of injury, headaches, chronic fatigue and many other ailments of modern society.
* Sass Anderson (MA, Psychology) and Joan Tesky are certified Rubenfeld Synergists.
The Rubenfeld Synergy Method is a holistic therapy that integrates body, mind, spirit and emotions. Developed by Ilana Rubenfeld in the 1960s, Rubenfeld Synergy uses gentle touch, along with verbal dialogue, active listening, Gestalt Process, imagery, metaphor, movement and humour to invite the body into the healing process.
* Another new therapy available at LeMarchand Wellness Centre is Electrify Cells. Practised by Kanttie Panchmmatia, a certified lymphologist, this therapy is based on treatment of the human cell.
In the beginning, the cell is information and carries the total blueprint of the healthy body. Over time, the stresses of life – whether emotional, physical or psychological – shut down the communication to that blueprint of health.
However, complete health can be renewed by the inherent wisdom and intelligence of the electrified cell.
Cynthia Ganga says having nine practitioners under one roof is advantageous to the centre’s customers.
“Having access to a wide range of therapies in one facility is a great advantage for our clients,” says Ganga. “While some patients may need nothing more than a soothing massage to ease aches and pains, other therapists are trained to treat those with underlying emotional problems that may manifest themselves physically.”
One therapist may refer a patient to another within the LeMarchand Wellness Centre who is better trained to handle specific problems.
The prime location of the LeMarchand Mansion, meanwhile, has made the Wellness Centre a popular destination for the downtown business community, whether on the way to work in the morning or on the way home at the end of the day.
A call to 455.0992 can get you in touch with any of the therapists.