Ad Rodeo, Calgary’s annual celebration of creative excellence in advertising and communications, is now calling for 2001 entries in three dozen categories.
Last year, Ad Rodeo attracted more than 400 entries of locally produced work for clients and markets in Calgary, Alberta and beyond.
This year’s Ad Rodeo Showoff is at the Webster Galleries April 16–22. Admission is free.
Winning entries will be revealed during a gala awards show April 20 at the Jubilee Auditorium. Tickets at $65 are available through Ticketmaster; for information call 777-0000.
The deadline to enter the 2001 Ad Rodeo is Feb. 16 at noon (firm). Entry fees: single $75; series $100; campaign $100; public service free.
For further information, contact Jaclyn Doll, chair, at 403.266.7704; Terry Bullick, director of publicity, at 403.246.5225; or visit www.adrodeo.com
Ad Rodeo categories 2001 are:
1. Newspaper single
2. Newspaper series
3. Magazine single
4. Magazine series
5. TV single (under $30,000 production budget)
6. TV single (over $30,000 production budget)
7. TV series
8. Radio single
9. Radio series
10. Transit single (interior or exterior)
11. Transit series (interior or exterior)
12. Outdoor single (includes shelters, wall posters and street signs)
13. Outdoor series (includes shelters, wall posters and street signs)
14. Direct marketing — any medium
15. Business to business — any medium
18. Annual report
19. Free standing insert/flyer
21. Point of purchase
22. Advertising campaign (minimum of 3 media)
23. Best use of illustration
24. Best use of photography
26. Specialty advertising
27. Corporate image/logo/identity
28. Digital online websites (under $50,000 production budget)
29. Digital online websites (over $50,000 production budget)
30. Digital online advertising (includes banner ads, etc)
31. Digital offline (CD-ROM, interactive presentation, etc)
32. Public service — broadcast or print (for non-profit clients)
33. Self promotion
34. Student competition
35. Achievement award
36. Best of show